Wednesday, July 7, 2010

"Hey, YOU, sqeakiest wheel, here take this watered down cheap ass oil just to SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!"

So, it is very disturbing to me when people say they are going to do something, and then refuse to follow through with it.

I have had several examples over the last year of this, and I don't understand why people do this. Why do you say you are going to come to a show, for example, that you have no intention of coming to? I do recognize and appreciate things come up. DUH, it happens. But that is not really what I am talking about...

What I am referring to is when, perhaps, oh, gosh, I don't know.....say you agree to do a photoshoot with someone, for trade, and you give your time, your ideas, your body....and the person taking the pictures is supposed to give you (per their word) edited images....and 5 months later, you still don't have them...I don't know, something about that just screams, UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!! But that, perhaps is just me.

They DO say the squeakiest wheel gets the most oil...but often, it seems, the squeakiest wheel gets thrown the cheapest, lowest grade of oil, just to SHUT IT UP.

I often say I hold people at arms length, because you can't trust most people as far as you could throw them...and while MOST people ultimately attempt to be good at heart, everyone is out for their own agenda, serving themselves. And that's ok. That is human nature I suppose.

While putting up with people who don't follow through is a horrendous hassle (especially when you have been waiting 5 months for pictures they promised you) - it certainly serves as a learning experience to me, as a future "do not deal with this person".

It is sad, actually, BUT, am sure it was bound to happen, as I have been doing this almost 2 years now and NEVER up until this point, had a photog flake on me.

Talk about milestones!!! 2010 has been a GREAT year for milestones, I got broken into, had my first "unfriending" on Facebook (and I am crushed...) and had a photographer flake...

hm....the winds must be changing or something....(Twilight Zone theme plays....)


LMS

1 comment: