Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Insanity and Eccentricities

So....

I have these issues. We all do; have our own eccentricites. And that's ok. Things piss us off and we have things we like or don't like for no other explainable reason than "That's just the way it is"

I posted about a week ago some things in general that piss me off. This actually is a more deeper level. This is almost Jack Nicholson in "As Good As It Gets" kind of stuff.

1. I cannot use pens that have logos on them. I speak of the pens that every company hands out at a marketing move. Doctor office pens, bank pens, perscription pens, ANY pen with a logo on it, I cannot use. I like plain pens. No writing on them.

2. I have major crowd anxiety. I never have issue being up in front of people, but put me in a mall or Walmart, or in a bar...and I am looking for a place away from the crowd. Anytime I go out, I am usually clutching the bar for space. If I decide to dance, I usually will migrate often to get away from the crowd. People make me claustrophobic!!!!!

3. I HATE talking on the phone. I never answer. If you want to talk to me, leave me a voice mail and if I need to call you back to answer a question that can't be answered via text, I will. I never call people, never have a desire to talk on the phone. So email is the best way to talk to me.

4. I can't sleep with my feet covered. No socks, no sheets or blankets.

5. I am unable to go out of the house without makeup on. This isn't vanity...this is a dire need within myself to present my personal best and I cannot within all that is within me, to go outside without presenting my best to the world.

6. I can't handle shirts with tags in them. I take out all the tags because I have this erratic deisre to rip off my skin if I feel one touch me.

7. People that get too close bother me. No respect for personal space leaves me feeling insecure and uneasy. I don't like to be touched, unless I touch first. If I touch your arm, it is a sign of peace....until then, respect the 3 foot perimeter.

8. I MUST wear matching underwear. I never buy a bra without matching panties. Ever.



Again these are my own eccentricities...there are more. These are the main ones. I am anal about these things, and I don't feel I am a bad person because of them...it makes me who I am.

The more we act sane, the more delusional we begin to look....

LMS

2 comments:

  1. Cousin, I dont think they eccentricities.. I'd like to think they are genetic. Seems as though we have a lot in common... like 6 out of 8, in common. Or does that make me eccentric too?

    Hope all is well!! Next time you're in the great state of Ohio.. cough cough, you'll have to let me know! I love to meet the lil' man! Now that he's not in diapers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to comment on this, although I already told you . . . 2, 3, 4, me too.

    ReplyDelete