Sunday, May 13, 2012

I Promise Myself...Sunny Side Up and Optimism

So...

Happy Mother's Day!!!! For all the wonderful moms out there that sacrifice their sanity, bathing, and hot meals, you more than anyone, deserve this promise to yourself.



Promise Yourself
To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
To talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person you meet.
To make all your friends feel that there is something worthwhile in them.
To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
To think only of the best, to work only for the best and to expect only the best.
To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
To wear a cheerful expression at all times and give a smile to every living creature you meet.
To give so much time to improving yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
To think well of yourself and to proclaim this fact to the world, not in loud word, but in great deeds.
To live in the faith that the whole world is on your side, so long as you are true to the best that is in you.
Christian D Larson


I promise myself to look at the sunny side of everything and make my optimism come true.

Last night at my show, Strike, one of the cast members during intermission got a little light headed, and we all were nursing her as best we could. She kept saying she felt stupid over the situation, and another cast member said, "Oh don't feel stupid!"

We then all got into conversation about how we hate when we say how we are feeling and someone tells us not to feel that way. We were laughing about it and then another person offered, "Yeah, just like when people tell you to FEEL happy. You can't just CHOOSE to be happy, you feel how you feel."

I really thought about that after intermission was over, because I DO think happiness is a choice. Granted, every moment of every day, you aren't going to be bumbling around like a smiling idiot - that isn't healthy...We are supposed to feel a wide range of emotions - you are allowed times to be sad, and scared, and angry.

So if you are going through troubling times, or stressful times, TAKE THE TIME YOU NEED to feel whatever it is you want to feel. Coupled with this, however, getting lost into the abyss of sadness and depression is not healthy either. Not for you or those that love and support you.

In every stressful situation, there IS a sunny side. There is an overall happiness that you can choose to have. No, you may not CHOOSE to be happy right now - right now you may want to punch me in the face for suggesting such chipper nonsense....but see, now isn't THAT the sunny side??? The feeling of joy you would get in punching me in the face????? Trust me, that has totally been my vision of comfort and the glorious rainbow of optimism many a time....especially when I visualize me, the great Ginga Ninja, karate kicking that bitch's face in Bruce Lee style....ahem, but I digress...

I know that I will not be happy ALL the time. I cannot CHOOSE myself to be happy all the time, but I can choose to have an overall happiness about life. I can choose to look at the sunny side of life and be optimistic. And to make my optimism come true.

Some moms will say that being a mom is one of their greatest accomplishments, and life began when they became a mother and on and on. I respect that. I totally get it. But mine isn't. My greatest accomplishment is realizing that AS a mom, I set the example for my lil man to follow. Who I am and the things I say and do, will determine who he becomes. The amount of power and influence we have as a mom is life changing, for them and for us.

I want my lil man to look at the sunny side of everything, and make his optimism come true, because that is what I will do.

On a side note: lil man made me coffee this morning, and was insistent on doing is his self, and told me he was making me pancakes (because thats all he knows how to make) and turkey bacon and eggs - sunny side UP eggs (wink). We have watched cartoons all morning, and played games, and laughed. Lots of laughing.

Happy Mother's Day

LMS

No comments:

Post a Comment