Saturday, May 19, 2012

I Promise Myself....4 days of catch up is OK

So...

Promise Yourself
To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
To talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person you meet.
To make all your friends feel that there is something worthwhile in them.
To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
To think only of the best, to work only for the best and to expect only the best.
To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
To wear a cheerful expression at all times and give a smile to every living creature you meet.
To give so much time to improving yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
To think well of yourself and to proclaim this fact to the world, not in loud word, but in great deeds.
To live in the faith that the whole world is on your side, so long as you are true to the best that is in you.
Christian D Larson

Yup, I have slacked. Not in the practicing in these promises, but in my daily "here is what I think". Life has been BUSY!

I promise myself to forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future, to wear a cheerful expression at all times and give a smile to every living creature I meet, to give so much time to improving myself that I have no time to criticize others, to be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.

I had dinner the other night with a lady I would consider to be my BFF. She is my mirror. She gets me, and doesn't take my shit, and calls me out on my life. She is supportive, and accepts me how I am, just the way I am - but holds me accountable to myself and the decisions I make.

I have learned so much from her about myself and the person I want to be - the person I know I am. I have made alot of mistakes. I have made alot of mistakes over and over, which indicates that I am human. Frankly, I don't want to forget the mistakes I have made, rather, I want to remember them, to avoid making the same ones in the future. But I will not dwell on them. My mistakes won't define me.

And I am striving to be ok with myself. To be comfy with being happy and not happy at times. Wearing a cheerful expression doesn't mean that I have to be fake, which she tells me I am at times. And I am. I gloss over things that bother me, 'acting' like things are ok when they aren't. She calls me out on that all the time. I was raised to put on a happy face. Even when it isn't ok. I am working on that.

I recognize that improving myself is a daily practice. I don't want to compare myself to others. I want to improve me and be the best me there is - so I don't have time to criticize other people. It isn't fair to anyone, mostly myself. I have enough to work on, I really don't want to spend my time pointing out others faults.

And I am strong. I am noble. I am happy. I won't let my past define me or dictate my future. I will make my life what I want it to be.

Like right now, I could feel bad about the fact that I drank way too much wine Thursday night and am spending like 2 days recouping....I could feel bad that I am sitting on my patio covered in my own grossness of not washing my hair in like 4 days, and not shaving, and the circle of B.O. is following me like a cloud of Aquanet - but....I am actually very happy right now. I slept in until almost 1pm, and have nothing that I have to do today. Except make buffalo chicken dip for a cast party tonight. And man, I could not be happier.

This week, in all it's busy-ness, I realized, that I do have a circle of family here that love and support me. It is up to me to let them see ME, and let them into my circle of B.O. Because acceptance is key. Acceptance of yourself and acceptance of those you love in your life, and want to be in your life.

Cheers to today.

Thank you thank you thank you - I am so very grateful, and happy. Right now, this moment is perfect.

LMS

No comments:

Post a Comment