Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tales of "Dating Sites"

Well, I did it, like most single people do at some point in their life I assume. I figured I might as well post a profile on a singles site so I can cross that one off my bucket list, BUT more important than that!!!! Sit back and rack up the ideas for writing topics.

And let me tell you I was NOT let down. So I go to a site and post a profile, and for those of you who really know me, you know I am going to be as forthright and honest as I can be, to my own detriment, some would say :)

The profile has not disappointed me one bit and I am going to keep it up forever I think. I have listed what is on it below, verbatim. There will be MANY posts I am sure about this...so I want to make sure all of the "background" information is out there and available.

Perhaps one might ask, "Why would you put up a profile on a singles site if you aren't interested in dating? If you are just interested in friends, etc??? Isn't that lying and taking advantage, especially if you write about it all???"

In a word, no. In 8 words, I don't give a fuck what people think.
I love to meet new people. I don't know many strangers and enjoy living in all directions. If that means meeting a new friend for coffee once and we never speak again, then it was a fun ride and so be it.

***WARNING***
If you fail to read my profile information, I will be able to tell.

Am a spunky redhead that likes to live life FULLY.

Not interested in a "relationship", or "building a foundation with you", or you forming any expectations of me...I am too busy for that. However, I love to be taken out to dinner and enjoy meeting new people. So essentially, I just look to make friends. Not people who can't handle the fact I have a life, and enjoy living it.

If you are a fellow that thinks you can be "spongeworthy", lol, give it your best shot.

"Spongeworthy" (note - this list does not encompass all of the things that make a person spongeworthy. I reserve the right to add to, alter, or make exception to the rule for my safety, your safety, or for the sheer hell of it)

1. If you send me a message and you cannot spell or your profile is loaded with "text-talk", you will be ignored. We all have our eccentricities, and poor spelling/text-talk is one of mine.

2. Please come up with something better than "Hi, how are you?". If you send me that, I will respond with "Good, thanks", and where did that get you? Nada.

3. If you are younger than 30, keep in mind that I am well aware of the male mentality being about 5 years younger than your actual age. For me to even entertain your bullshit, you had better be something spectacular.

4. I am independent, free-spirited, and always have an opinion. If this scares you, move on. I don't always have to be right, I am able to agree to disagree, however, I will speak my mind.

5. If you send me a message that says, "You're beautiful, big deal"- please be prepared to explain exactly what you mean. If you have hang ups because I am confident and self-assured, now that's really your problem, isn't it?

**************************************************************************************************

I do theater in Indianapolis, and have a passion for photography, art, wine, and being outdoors. Dancing is one of my favorite things, and I will try just about anything once.

No comments:

Post a Comment